This week we were able to watch all of the films that we finished editing last week! We watched multiple different versions of each film, which enabled us to look critically at the editing choices that each student made.
After reflecting on our films, we looked at an older film that we recorded the previous summer entitled “Black Superman”. This film was recorded in one continuous shot without editing. Upon reviewing this film, we decided that it needed to be reshot using the skills that we have learned this semester.
Our students split up into groups of three in order to write new scripts to be filmed the following week, with one group focusing specifically on reshooting Black Superman.
Next week we will focus on filming these scripts while also being sure to include multiple different shots and angles. The goal of this project is to create a final product that is at least 1 minute in length.